Today is Intentional

This all started from signing up for and completing the 2011 Death Race in Pittsfield, Vermont. During the 48 hour race I encountered 3 mountains, 1 river 120 some odd logs to split, 5 gallon pales of water, 100lb back packs and way more mud and freezing water than any human should ever be exposed to.

Today I am preparing for the next big adventure. Come join me on this incredible journey!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

1542; 20; 8:34 - 2:11

Challenge #1:  Lunge from my house across the Burrard Bridge, do twenty hill sprints up Hornby between Beach Ave and Pacific St and then run home in under 10 minutes.

Competed in 2:11!
--
I started out lunging North on Cornwall St. I passed/was passed many very confused people sitting at bus stop, biking by, jogging... walking.  I lunged 1542 times from my front door to the top of Hornby St.  Aside from the lactic acid, the amount of time it took was the worst.  Any distance is daunting when your lunging there!

Next I scoped out my hill - 2 blocks up hill and through one busy intersection.  I stashed my extra clothes at the bottom and started out.  After ten I was ready to give in.  I kept trying to find ways around "do twenty hill sprints."  There's no wiggle room. Dammit!  The sun burned through the clouds, I dug in and knocked out the last ten!

The last task was to run home as fast as possible - 10 minutes at most.  After 1542 lunges and 20 hill sprints my legs were D.E.A.D.  I ignored the pain, put on my timer and ran.  8:34 later - I was home. Phew...

Though this wasn't a terribly long distance the strain on my body was intense.  One thing is for sure, I hate lunges.

Thanks for the challenge Matt Corker!


Do you have a challenge for me?  Give me your best shot!
ahaas008@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. BOOM! First one done!
    You're a champion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy guacamole, haas! you are awesome! i'll be your shoulder to lean on at boot camp tomorrow should you need it :)

    ReplyDelete